Pages



Thursday, August 14, 2008

Problem Loading Page

Today, I've been trying to get on several websites but I always end up getting "Problem Loading Page" "Server not found" error messages in my Firefox browser and "Page cannot be displayed" "Cannot find server" in IE. I was using the current version of Firefox so I switched to earlier version which is 2.xx but I still get the same error messages so obviously It was not because of the browser. I've tried accessing the websites through my bookmarks and other available links. I even cleared my temp files, caches, etc. I'm able to see other websites but i need to refresh the browser several times just to see the website. Since I consistently get this message error while trying to browse website I decided to search the net for answers and here's what solved my problem.


Here's an easy step by step solution to message error problem that i had. Thanks to the guy/girl who shared this wonderful info.

1. Click on Start, then select "Control Panel".
2. Double click on "Network and Dial-up Connections".
3. Right Click on the LocalNet Icon, and select properties.
4. Click on the tab labeled "Networking".
5. In the white box labeled "Components checked are used by this connection" double click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)".
6. Make sure the option "Obtain DNS server addresses automaticly" is selected.
7. Click OK

Then i went to:
Start
click Run
type: cmd
click ok

a black window will pop up. All you have to do next is to type: ipconfig /flushdns
then Restart your computer. You will be able to surf the net normally now.

If this dont solve your problem then i guess you need to check the internet for other things you can try. But make sure you know what you are doing or follow the directions properly.

No comments: