Pages



Sunday, January 09, 2011

I came, I saw, I conquered Mt. Pinatubo

I survive the Mt. Pinatubo trek. It was one of my much awaited planned trip for the year 2011 with my college friends. Although some of my friends wasnt able to join us in our McDonalds Capas TarlacMt. Pinatubo adventure, I was stilll excited because I was dying to go there since last year and also because of the so many things that people say about the beauty of the once powerful and devastating Mt. Pinatubo.

On January 2, 2011 along with my friends Mark and Lennel started our adventure from our pick up point at Q. Ave where we met the agent who fixed all our needs for this trip. We left Q. Ave around 3 a.m. and arrived at Capas, Tarlac around 6 am. We had a short break and ate our breakfast at Mcdonalds before continuing to the jump off point in Barangay Sta. Juliana, also in Capas where the 4 x 4 vehicle were waiting for us.

The terrain going to the starting point of the Mt. Pinatubo treakking was really rough and bumpy but the sights of the nature formed naturally were really amazing. I never imagined that such beautiful scenery were formed due to Mt. Pinatubo eruption.

After the rough ride, we started our trek to the famous Mt. Pinatubo crater. It was more or less a two-hour walk and it was really exhausting (for me at least). It wasn't really easy for me to trek the volcano because that was my first trek and i didnt even prepared for it. Ok, enough of the excuses... I had my first taste of muscle fatigue during that trek but I must say, all the pain was worth it especially after seeing the breathtaking view of the Mt. Pinatubo crater itself. The cool wind, the wonderful natural scenery was really amazing. We even swam in the crater eventhough the water was freezing.

If you want to go there and dont want to hire a Mt. Pinatubo tour agent like what we did, here's how to get there:

1. From Manila, you can take any bus going to Dagupan, Pangasinan, Tarlac, or Baguio.

2. Inform the driver that you need to go down to Capas, Tarlac Junction where you can ride a tricyle or a jeep from the market going to barangay Sta. Juliana where the jump off point of Mt. Pinatubo trekking is located.

3. Remember that you need to register in the barangay office when you get to Sta. Juliana. Upon your registration you can also ask them for other alternative activities that you can in the Mt. Pinatubo crater such as kayaks and boat ride which are available upon request. Swimming in the crater is free but remember to keep your trash or trow them at designated places. Or you can also arrange for a trek package with a spa for additional fee.

4. From there you can rent 4 x 4 vehicle that willl bring you to the start of the trek where you will start your own journey of conquering Mt. Pinatubo...

Do not forget to take a lot of photos... You will surely enjoy the adventure of trekking Mt. Pinatubo!

No comments: