Pages



Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The day the earth stood still movie

The day the earth stood still movie posterOk. Since it's already January and this happened last month let me pump up this blog again with some interesting things that happened to me last month. I wasnt able to blog about the things i usually do coz I dont have that much energy to blog... nuf excusses. I finally got out to see The Day The Earth Stood Still with chibi at Robinsons Place Ermita. Lately this mall has been one of my favorite places to hang out because I can get there in a zoom and it's near chibi's place plus the fact that you can go out and have fun to used to be manila's party centre. Though chibi waited for me for about an hour... actually it should only be counted as 30 minutes because I got there around 3:30. Ok, Ok... its my fault... I am late! Sorry...

Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly (I thought she was Demi Moore at first) are the stars of The day the earth stood still movie. What made us decide to watch this movie was mainly because of the movie preview footage, the special effects are amazing and I think watching The day the earth stood still movie in IMAX would definitely heightened the experience.

Just found out that the The day the earth stood still was a remake of the original 1951 film by director Robert Wise. I dont know that much about the original movie anyway the story is about Klaatu, an alien who visited Earth and wants to speak to the world leaders about the destructive behavior of the human race and threatens the extinction of our race because we are a big threat to the Earth itself.

I love how Klaatu’s glowing spherical thing landed in Central Park and effects they used to capture the landing specially the woman with a baby stroller that are just standing there watching the spherical spaceship land and how she snatched her baby from the stroller and run for the damn lives. After that... I just have to seat back, relax and enjoy a good movie with my friend chibi...

No comments: