Pages



Monday, November 26, 2012

I Left my Heart in Davao


A week ago, I went to Davao with my friends.

If you will base Davao’s image on the news you will surely think that it’s a very disorderly place where
killings of media men happened. The Maguindanao massacre, also known as the Ampatuan massacre after the town where the mass graves were found will forever be one of the nightmares of this beautiful city.

Davao City is 750 miles south of Metro Manila, about 1 hour and 45 minutes by plane and it is situated at the southern portion of the Philippine archipelago and protected from typhoon all year round because of Mt. Apo. It is the largest city in Mindanao and people there speaks tagalog, bisaya and English.

I left Bulacan around 1AM to catch my 5AM flight to Davao City.

If you are planning to visit Davao anytime soon there are available daily flights to Davao from Metro Manila and Cebu from the major carriers of the country such as Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific Air, and Zest Air.

I Left my heart in Davao


to be continued...

No comments: