Big, Ugly Bezel
Have you seen the bezel on this thing?! It's huge! I know you don't want to accidentally input a command when your thumb is holding it, but come on.
- i also think that it's a bit big especially for us Asians. It would be nice if it will have a little handle or if they will redesign it so we can easily grip or hold it while doing something else like using our phone... etc.
This is a backbreaker. If this is supposed to be a replacement for netbooks, how can it possibly not have multitasking? Are you saying I can't listen to Pandora while writing a document? I can't have my Twitter app open at the same time as my browser? I can't have AIM open at the same time as my email? Are you kidding me? This alone guarantees that I will not buy this product.
- well if you cant multitask on a system like this then it beats the purpose of having a computer work for you. I usually listen to my music while working on my document and at the same time surfing the net. If I cant do all these in the iPad then i think i rather buy a more powerful notebook or laptop than buying an iPad.
No front facing camera is one thing. But no back facing camera either? Why the hell not? I can't imagine what the downside was for including at least one camera. Could this thing not handle video iChat?
- mobile phones already have cameras today even the new generation of iTouch has one. Why cant they include a camera??? hmmm i simply dont get it...
So much for Apple revolutionizing tablet inputs; this is the same big, ugly touchscreen keyboard we've seen on other tablets, and unless you're lying on the couch with your knees propping it up, it'll be awkward to use.
- Well, like most people out there who enjoys the tapping sound of their keyboard i think they should include an option where people can use a keyboard aside from the touchscreen keyboard on the iPad.
No HDMI Out
Want to watch those nice HD videos you downloaded from iTunes on your TV? Too damned bad! If you were truly loyal, you'd just buy an AppleTV already.
The Name iPad
Get ready for Maxi pad jokes, and lots of 'em!
- are they running out of cool names for their products? iPad... hmmm... not that cool...
No Flash is annoying but not a dealbreaker on the iPhone and iPod Touch. On something that's supposed to be closer to a netbook or laptop? It will leave huge, gaping holes in websites. I hope you don't care about streaming video! God knows not many casual internet users do. Oh wait, nevermind, they all do.
- how can i watch my fav. vids online or watch youtube if there's no flash??? tell me how? HOW???
Adapters, Adapters, Adapters
So much for those smooth lines. If you want to plug anything into this, such as a digital camera, you need all sorts of ugly adapters. You need an adapter for USB for god's sake.
- i hate adapaters or other kinds of wired... they're messy... that's it!
Update: Why stop at 8? Here are more things we are discovering that suck about the iPad.
It's Not Widescreen
Widescreen movies look lousy on this thing thanks to its 4:3 screen, according to Blam, who checked out some of Star Trek on one. It's like owning a 4:3 TV all over again!
Doesn't Support T-Mobile 3G
Sure, it's "unlocked." But it won't work on T-Mobile, and it uses microSIMs that literally no one else uses.
A Closed App Ecosystem
The iPad only runs apps from the App Store. The same App Store that is notorious for banning apps for no real reason, such as Google Voice. Sure, netbooks might not have touchscreens, but you can install whatever software you'd like on them. Want to run a different browser on your iPad? Too bad!